Mark Dyson Surveyors Ltd are General Practice Chartered Surveyors who for many years have been managing planning applications for clients in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, and beyond. We are very familiar with the Local Planning Authorities and experienced in providing additional reports (or referrals to other specialists such as wildlife ecologists) that the Planners require in order to validate applications. We cover all aspects of planning, large or small, urban and rural.
Planning policy is a constantly evolving landscape: different councils require varying validation reports, and rely on their own locally formed policies alongside National Policy. Most recently, the Community Infrastructure Levy (adopted by many councils) has added a further layer of complexity, running parallel to the planning system, with councils varying in how they manage and collect the Levy.
Typical Planning work carried out:
- large scale urban expansion of South West Exeter
- residential barn conversions
- new farmhouses from concept to consent
- steel portal frame farm buildings
- farm dwellings (including agricultural consents)
- Planning for dairy units (robotics housing etc)
- Permitted Development applications (28 day notices)
- Prior Approval applications (eg. conversion to residential of all eligible farm buildings).
- holiday lodge complexes.
- Small scale commercial extensions and conversions
- Diversification projects – holiday lets, fishing ponds, camping and glamping, renewables
- Removal of planning conditions
Designs and drawings are prepared in-house - this is usually more cost effective than consulting a local architect.